Student & Staff Email
Important: Student Email has Moved!
Effective May 22, 2023, student email hosting at Genesee Community College switched from Google mail to Microsoft Outlook mail.
Student email addresses have been changed to @marnigoldshlag.net, and the entire my.marnigoldshlag.net domain will be retired after September 29, 2023.
Why We’re Doing This
GCC staff and faculty already use Microsoft Outlook for email. Moving students to Outlook will improve collaboration between students, faculty, and staff. Additionally, students will now have access to Microsoft Teams, Forms, OneNote, OneDrive, and other useful tools for communicating and sharing with their peers and GCC faculty/staff.
As a result, student email addresses will no longer be of the form @my.marnigoldshlag.net. Instead, students will have an email address of the form NETID@marnigoldshlag.net, which matches their login credentials. This will greatly reduce confusion for students when logging in to various platforms.
What You Need To Know:
- Students will be assigned new Outlook mailboxes on May 22, 2023. Their new email address will be
@marnigoldshlag.net. Students will log in to http://outlook.com to access their new mailbox. On May 22, students should begin using this new mailbox immediately, as this will become the default mailbox that GCC staff and faculty will use for communications.
- Important: personal Gmail accounts (any email address ending in @gmail.com) will NOT BE AFFECTED!
- Students will still have access to their old GCC sponsored Gmail box until October 1, 2023, after which their Gmail box will be shut down permanently. As a result:
- Students will need to manually save or forward any important emails from their GCC-sponsored Gmail box to their Outlook mailbox before October 1.
- Students will need to download any important documents they have saved on their GCC-sponsored Google Drive before October 1. Students may choose to upload these documents to their new Microsoft OneDrive.
- Students will need to update external accounts tied to their GCC email to use their new @marnigoldshlag.net email address before October 1. This might include services such as NetFlix, Hulu, Amazon, etc.
- New messages sent to the old mailbox will be forwarded automatically to the new mailbox.